Step by Step DIY Video Instructions
Watch our video series for step by step DIY instructions from templating and dry fitting, to removal and installation, we have you covered.
All of the instructions and documents you need to complete your SC Wake SeaDek project, along with some helpful images to guide you in the installation process.
On this downloads page, you will find a variety of useful, general documents and product information from SeaDek and SC Wake. For further assistance, please contact us by calling 1-855-SCWAKE1 or by filling out our online form.
1. Sharpie marker
2. Tape (masking tape works best)
4. Boat Information Sheet
1. Lay the clear vinyl film flat on the application surface, affix it to the surface with tape, and trace the “non-skid” texture, if present. If no non-skid texture is present, trace out the desired pattern.
2. **For a design pattern, note the orientation from part to part if you want the lines to line up. We recommend drawing a few lines from part to part, so we can use them for alignment.
3. Notate Bow, Stern, Starboard, and Port on the template.
4. Please identify cut outs, hinges, screw holes, and/or latches. Also, number each part individually.
5. Please identify the top side of the pattern.
6. Write your name, phone number, and color choices on the template.
7. Do NOT cut vinyl film on the line you traced. Please leave for the digitizing process.
8. Take photos of your traced pattern on the boat before detaching. Email the photos to your SC Wake contact, and they will be added to your project file.
9. Fill out the forms that were enclosed with the template kit completely. Please, use the boat outline on the form to roughly sketch each part location with numbers. Use the column to the left of that to describe each numbered part. Roughly sketch each part location with numbers. Use the numbered column to the left of the diagram to describe each numbered part.
10. If a logo is desired, please describe the logo and call to verify that it can be used. If a boat name (text) is desired, specify the font style you would like to use along with two alternate options. If no text style is selected, we will use a block style generic font.
11. Please mail templates back to: SC Wake 4100 US HWY 52 New Trenton, IN 47035
Take your time when creating the template, as your work will decide how accurate our work will be. Please be aware, we are always within a 1/8” tolerance of the templates received, so please try to be as precise as possible.